7800 Light Pro Stock Rules 2021
1. Tractor Frame, Chassis
- Tractor must be an agricultural tractor having chassis, engine, transmission housing differential housing, transmission, hood and grill of one manufacturer.
- OEM cylinder head must be for series engine used.
- No re-cast, no aluminum, no overhead cams allowed.
- Engine, clutch, transmission and differential housing must be bolted together as one unit. All bolts connecting all housings must be in their stock location. OEM length and location from rear end housing to front of engine.
- No component powertrains.
- All tractors must have wide front end configuration.
- Exhaust must discharge upwards with a minimum pipe length of 18 inches from the hood line.
- Exhaust pipe must be crossed bolted with two 3/8 inch grade 5 bolts.
- Frame and weights must not extend any further than 13 feet measuring from the center of the rear axle to the most forward point of the tractor. Tow hook excluded.
- Wheelbase not to exceed 114 inches.
- Hitch height will be 20 inches. Measure from ground to the top of the hitch hook.
- Hitch length shall be 18 inches minimum from center of the rear axle to the hook point.
- Hitch must be rigid in all directions. No movement allowed while pulling. Drawbar must be within 18 degrees of parallel to the ground.
- Hitch must be horizontal, not vertical.
- All hitch components must be steel. No cast components.
- Maximum tire size 24.5 X 32. No radials.
- Double Cut Tires are allowed
- 466 cubic inch maximum engine size with 2 % allowance
- OEM fuel only. Diesel pump fuel, gasoline, propane. No accelerants or alcohol permitted in the fuel or water injection system
- Water injection allowed
- Injection pump maximum size will be a P 7100 with one plunger per cylinder. No billet pumps or housing allowed
- Tractor must have a three way fuel dump valve
- Tractor allowed one turbocharger and any manifold modifications necessary to mount the turbo
- Manifold pressure to be a single stage only
- Carburetors are not to exceed 850 CFM. No fuel injection allowed on gasoline engines
- Homemade engine adaptors plates are not allowed
- Turbocharger must be under the hood. Hood may be modified to accept the turbo
- Maximum turbo size is not to exceed 3 inch intake and 4 inch exhaust
- All clutch components and flywheel are to be steel or aluminum
- Intercoolers are permitted
3. Safety Rules and Equipment
- Tractor must have working rear brakes
- Tractor must have a working air shut off. The air shutoff cable must activate the air shutoff to the intake of the engine and must be positive type enclosed cable with a minimum 2 inch diameter solid ring being 1/8 inch thickness attached to the cable. Air shutoff must be able to be operated manually from the driver seat
- Gasoline and propane tractors must have a kill switch that will cut off the spark and electric fuel pumps
- Tractors must have a deadman throttle. Throttle must have two springs
- Stabilizer bars are required and be a minimum on 32 inches rearward from the center of the rear axle. Pads on the bottom of the bars must be a minimum of 5 inch square and a maximum of 10 inches off the ground. Outside to outside width to pads be minimum of 20 inches and a minimum of 12 inch high bumper bar. Stabilizer bars are not to be connected to the pulling hitch. Stabilizer bars must support the weight of the tractor
- Tractors must have a shield that consist of a solid barrier between the driver and rear tires. He shield must support the weight of the driver and extend a minimum of 6 inches horizontally at the top and be a minimum of 6 inches wide at the top
- Front skid bars are required
- Harmonic balancer must be shielded to contain the balancer within the vehicle
- A working fire extinguisher is required and within reach of driver
- Driver suit required, including jacket and pants. Safety Helmet of a snell 85 rating
- 5 point safety harness required and being used
- Driver seat must be stationary in all directions. No springs and have a six inch back and a 4 inch side rails
- Tractors must have an approved clutch/transmission blanket. Must be a six strap blanket
- Engine shields are mandatory with a minimum thickness of .060 on each side of tractor
- Roll cages are mandatory. Roll bars are not allowed
- Additional safety rules may be added during pulling season