2.6 Pro Street Diesel 4x4 Rules 2021
Dragon Motorsports President
Class Representative/ For more info
|Temple Brizendine||Travis Hudson|
1. Engine Limitations
- Maximum cubic inch 460. Engine must be in OEM locations for the body used. No aftermarket blocks permitted. Engine must have 3/8 cable surrounding #1 and #2 cylinders and must pass through the manifolds. 2 cables at splice with 4-6 inches of slack.
- Cylinder head must be OEM or OEM replica for brand of engine. Outside of cylinder head must measure factory width and length. No billet heads of any material. Head must retain factory OEM valve angle. No deck plates permitted. Side draft and aftermarket intake manifolds are allowed.
- Turbo is limited to a 2.6” inducer bore. Bore must be smooth. No MAP Width Enhancement groove (MWE) allowed. Compressor wheel must protrude into 2.6” bore for 1/8”. Bore will be checked with a 2.605”turbo plug. Plug must not be able to enter inducer bore and contact wheel.
- Maximum of one P pump up to P7100 allowed. 13MM plunger limit. Ag governors permitted. The use of multiple high pressure common rail fuel pumps is legal.
- All vehicles must be equipped with upward pointing exhaust located either directly behind cab or out of truck hood. Two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be placed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other and within 12 inches of turbo.
- Hand throttles permitted. Diesel fuel only (See fuels page for specs) No propane or N02 or any other oxygen enhancers allowed
- Water injection is prohibited.
- Air to air intercooler only. No ice or water permitted truck during competition.
2. Chassis, Body, and Powertrain
- Maximum weight 8000 pounds
- OEM Chassis is mandatory. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back half conversions and tube chassis are prohibited. Lengthening of frame allowed up to 158”. Longer trucks (158”-172”) must maintain OEM measurements for body being used.
- The body must be OEM truck body including the full bed floor. No flatbeds permitted. The body must retain the full sheet metal. After market hoods permitted. The hood must be closed and securely latched when hooked to sled.
- OEM rear and front ends required. Must have come factory in a one ton or smaller vehicle.
- Hook point to be no closer than 44”of centerline of rear axle. Maximum hitch height of 24” with a minimum of 3.75”x3” opening. Hitch must be stationary in all directions. Hitch must be frame mounted. The use of Reese style hitches is prohibited. Hitch must be centerline of rear axle or behind. Hitch must not exceed 25 degree angle from pivot point to hook point. Drawbar height adjustment link if attached to rear differential housing the attaching point must be at axle centerline or below. The drawbar adjusters cannot attach to anything above centerline of the rear axle. The adjusters must go down from drawbar. The adjusters can only go straight downward vertically or towards rear differential housing. No slotting of holes for adjuster attachment. No hitch supports or adjusters fastened to rear axle housing shall be above center point of rear axle. Pivot pin of drawbar can be no further forward than the centerline of rear axle.
- Front hanging weights are allowed, not to exceed 60 inches forward from the centerline of front axle. Ballast may be added in the bed of truck but must be securely fastened.
- Hydraulic steering permitted
- Suspension - The upper mounting point for strut assembly must be in factory location. Adjustable caster/ camber pillow ball mounts are permitted. The lower control arm may be strengthened provided the factory mounting points are maintained. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and limit straps are permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted. Raising or lowering of vehicle height with suspension modifications is permitted but must be bolt on only. Welds permitted for attachment to frame and axle only. Blocked suspension permitted. No air bags. Rear suspension may be made solid.
3. Tires and Wheels
- Tires must be DOT approved with maximum size of 35x12.50. No studded tires or tire chains. No alterations to tires permitted. No bar or terra tires.
- Dual wheels are prohibited.
4. General Class Rules
- Test puller MUST return to 6th place if they decide to drop their pull.
- If any issues arise during the season the rule committee will meet and make a final decision.
- If caught cheating, the rules committee will decide the penalty which may include up to a one year suspension.
- Must be a Dragon Motorsports member to receive points.
- OEM transmission and transfer case must be used. Must have come factory in a one ton or smaller vehicle.
- Non-OEM transmissions prohibited. Aftermarket torque convertors, valve bodies, and internal components are permitted.
- SFI bell housing and/or SFI blow proof bell housing or SFI blanket type shield must be used.
- All trucks must have at least six-inch-wide u-joint shield around the rear u-joint constructed of at least 5/16-inch steel or 3/8 aluminium that will safely contain the u-joint and the end of the driveshaft. All shields must be securely mounted to vehicle. Any front shaft u-joints that can be visibly seen from side of truck must be shielded to contain the u-joint and the end of the driveshaft.
- A fire extinguisher system is permitted. 2.5# fire extinguisher must be securely mounted within reach of driver. A complete OEM firewall is required.
- All drivers must have valid driver license and full SFI fire suit including helmet. Seatbelt/restraint must be worn.
- The complete OEM floor pan is mandatory. Vehicle must maintain a complete firewall. Additional gauges and pillar pods are permitted.
- Axle shields are required. Shield to be .060” thickness steel or aluminium. A hole may be cut in one shield to allow operation of hub lock.
- Safety switch (rain cap or guillotine) must shut off air to diesel engines. Switch will be securely mounted to back of vehicle. A 2 inch or bigger solid ring must be attached to end of switch. Ring must be zip tied to switch bracket. Switch must also be able to be activated in cab while driver is secured in vehicle.